BCG Matrix Template for PowerPoint and Google Slides
Free BCG matrix template for PowerPoint and Google Slides. Ready-to-use market growth matrix for presentation with positionable/customizable sticky note labels. Editable graphics.
A ready-to-use template for portfolio analysis
The BCG matrix, aka the market share/market growth matrix, stands for Boston Consultant Growth Matrix. It was created in 1968 by Bruce Henderson, founder of Boston Consulting Group.
The growth share matrix is, put simply, a portfolio management framework that helps companies decide how to prioritize their different businesses.
— Source: BCG.com
The BCG matrix places business units (or products) in a four-quadrant table that plots market-share against market growth potential. The matrix identifies the stars, cash cows, question marks, and dogs:
- High market shares in high-growth markets
- Generate considerable income but require even more cash to finance further growth
- High market shares in low-growth markets
- Action: focus on maintaining this status for as long as possible, as it produces strong cash flows to reinvest
- Low market shares in high-growth markets
- Require more investment than the cash they generate. Dilemma: support or abandon
- Low market shares in low-growth markets
- Action: withdraw from these markets as quickly as possible (liquidate, divest, or reposition)
Specifically, with this BCG Matrix Template for presentation, we already did a part of the job for you: indeed, the four-quadrant table is ready to be used. You just have to customize and position the sticky note labels representing your divisions or business units of your organization on the matrix. That’s it!
Shapes are 100% editable: colors and sizes can be easily changed.
Includes 2 slide option designs: Standard (4:3) and Widescreen (16:9).
Widescreen (16:9) size preview:
This ‘BCG Matrix Template for PowerPoint and Google Slides’ features:
- 2 unique slides
- Light and Dark layout
- Ready to use template with positionable sticky note labels
- Completely editable shapes
- Standard (4:3) and Widescreen (16:9) aspect ratios
- PPTX file and for Google Slides
Free fonts used:
- Helvetica (System Font)
- Calibri (System Font)